Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Accidentally speaking

I don't mean to be insensitive, but I have one teeny, tiny suggestion for all the drivers out there who have been getting into accidents lately on my route to and from work: Could they please choose some other road to have an accident on?


Of course when you come upon an accident you are grateful that it is not you in the accident, but once the gratefulness has worn off -- in like a half second -- the next thing you think, if it is a very recent accident, is: Can I get around this accident before all the rescue vehicles get here and block me in?


The answer to that, if you are me, is no. Twice recently the rescue vehicles have roared in just when it was my turn to make my way around the accident site, as if they have some radar that lets them know when I am coming, and they rush to get there before I can escape. One time the fire truck came to rest within two feet of my car, giving me a ringside seat to all the action, which I did not want to see if it included any blood. If there is any blood around, and I see it, they will be putting me on a stretcher:


Rescue person 1 to rescue person 2, carrying stretcher: ANOTHER victim? 


Rescue person 2: Nah, this one just fainted in her car while watching all the action.


Really, my being at an accident scene is just going to cause more work for everyone involved. So to avoid that, let's just not have any accidents on my route, okay? The rescue people will thank you.

No comments: