Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am the wrong number

If you are like thousands of Americans, you get at least some phone calls from numbers you do not recognize, such as collection agencies, random requests for money, family members wanting to know why you haven't called them lately, etc.


If you are plagued by such calls, there are several websites that can help identify the number for you ("This was your manager"), and you can read comments from other people who have received calls from that particular number. It can be comforting to know that you are not the only one receiving these unwanted calls. And as the following actual comments from one such site reveal, it is not a person calling you, or even an agency, but a number:


"The number called on 10/8. I did not answer."

"I DID NOT ANSWER WHEN IT CALLED ME. I CALLED IT BACK AND IT SAID WRONG NUMBER."


"Why is this number calling me?"
Maybe because no one else will answer?


"I don't know who is calling. NO ONE HAS THIS CELL PHONE NUMBER, I'VE NEVER USED THIS PHONE BEFORE."
They invented a whole new phone number just for YOU?


"There was an automated speaker in SPANISH! I don't even speak Spanish, what the heck??"
Maybe it was asking if you wanted to take Spanish lessons so you could understand these automated messages.


"It bothers me on weekends."
Mmm hmmm.


So, you who are called and bothered by unwanted numbers, take heart. You're in good company. And if you are not being called and bothered by unwanted numbers, please give me your phone number.

No comments: