Friday, December 14, 2007

Dumb Christmas ideas

From today's heading, you night think that decking your tree out in ribbon with your spouse, as I chronicled earlier, is the topic again today. Believe it or not, there are even dumber ideas for Christmas decorations and celebrations. I cannot in good conscience take credit for these ideas, but I thought I'd pass them along nonetheless.

First, if you are determined to outdo your neighbor in tacky lawn ornaments, you can do no better than to erect the Blow-up Ferris Wheel. This charming ornament features various characters -- Frosty, Santa,
Rudolph, Guiliani, Romney, Clinton, etc. -- encased in a plastic bubble ferris wheel. The expressions on their faces are pretty accurate, judging by my own memories of riding a ferris wheel, but they resemble creatures in formaldehyde jars in a freak show. So if you want shock factor -- which is what Christmas is all about, right? -- this is the way to go!

You won't want to miss the Children's Holiday Party in my neighborhood this weekend. This show will feature not only Frosty and Santa but also those other staples of Christmas events everywhere, Barney and King Kong. Yes! I am not joking! If your kids aren't already confused about holiday celebrations at this time of year, they will be after this party. (As a side note, this event
is being held across the street from -- again, I am not kidding -- the house with the Blow-Up Ferris Wheel. Maybe King Kong can go rescue the poor victims on the ferris wheel, while Barney persuades him not to eat them by singing "I love you, you love me...." This will instead induce King Kong to eat Barney.)

If you have seen any dumb Christmas decor or ideas, please let us know! A good shake of the head is almost as fun as a good laugh.

No comments: