Thursday, May 1, 2008

Q&A: Anniversaries

Okay, so the Princess needs more practice than she realized with putting pictures on this blog. It came to her attention that no pictures appeared in yesterday's entry -- or, in some cases, that they disappeared as the day went on -- which was not her intention, although it may have seemed so. Fortunately, the Gallant Hero never met a computer problem he couldn't solve, and he graciously condescended to rescue the Princess from her embarrassing dilemma. So please take a minute to reread yesterday's entry, or at least peruse the pictures, which hopefully are still there.

We now return to the Dear Prissy Princess column, featuring questions that have absolutely nothing to do with either Holly or Joe.

Q: Dear Prissy Princess,
Our anniversary is coming up in, uh, sometime this month. A few weeks. Like the 21st, I think, or, no, that's someone else's anniversary. We'll be married 2 years, or is it 3?
-Married in May, possibly

A: Dear Possibly Married,
Are you asking me when your anniversary is and how long you've been married?

Q2: No, no, I want to know what I can do to make our anniversary really special for my wife.

A2: Well, for a second or possibly third anniversary, I would suggest a treasure hunt. Write out several riddles and leave them around the house for your wife to find. Make each one a clue to finding a gift you have hidden somewhere. (Remember that gifts must not consist of vacuum cleaners or any other appliances.) I would suggest recording some special songs on a new iPod for her.

Q3: Actually, I already did all that for her birthday.

A3: All on your own? Even the iPod?

Q4: All on my own. Although the iPod recordings didn't really record, so I have to do that over again.

A4: Well, I must say I am impressed. Your wife is one lucky woman. Unfortunately, you have set the bar pretty high, and now you're going to have to come up with something really spectacular for your anniversary.

Q5: I know! I'll take my wife to a great sushi restaurant, where they serve things that, technically, are not food, because they're not completely dead yet. And then we'll go home and watch all 977 episodes of "Lost"!

A5: I see we need to work on the concept of "spectacular." Good thing we have a couple of days, or maybe a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does the man always need to drive the anniversary-celebrating-car here. Shouldn't we as intelligent women create some neat surprises for our wonderful husbands our selves? But understanding the nature of men - perhaps we shouldn't make the surprises too difficult nor should we use too many multi-syllabic words - so they are not confused or distracted.

Sincerely an obedient/husband-spoiling wife and big fan of your blog in England.

ilovecomics said...

My husband would SO agree...in fact, I think you ARE my husband! Nice try, "Sweetie Pie." It's not nice to fool Prissy Princess.