Friday, July 27, 2007

Slightly Humorous reaches 100!

Attention readers, faithful and otherwise:

Today marks the 100th entry in this blog! (Please be sure to read today's story below, which is actually the 100th). I know what some of you are probably thinking: "She didn't have anything to say after the 25th posting, now what is she going to do?"

But for those of you who are not thinking that,
please help me celebrate! A trip to Tahiti comes to mind, but according to the latest personal accounting statistics, that is not in the budget.

So we will celebrate in a low-budget fashion. Do you have a favorite blog entry? Tell us! Let us know what kinds of things you have found funny and why. It helps me to know what makes an impact on others.

On this special occasion I want to thank my faithful readers and commenters -- Loves to Laugh, Cissy, Nosy Neighbor, and of course Lowlyworm, without whom this blog would not exist, or if it did would certainly be less interesting (the dialogue, in particular...you don't really want to hear what I say to myself). You guys keep me going! I also wish to thank my family, my community, my pet beetles...ha! Got a little carried away there.

I also want to encourage you other, silent readers to speak up! I know you're there. And if you have commented on this blog and have never revealed your identity to me, this would be a good time to extend that courtesy. I promise no harm will come to you (heh, heh).

So, weigh in with your opinions, and remember, the best is yet to come! (We can only hope, anyway.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I really liked it when the limelight was on us guys. You know, all our bad habits, and rude manners.............bad attention is better than no attention at all!
We still love you though! (and your yard).

Nathan said...

I like it when you reveal embarrassing personal details about members of your extended family. No wait, I mean I DON'T like it when you reveal... ah who am I kidding. Congrats on your blog's 100th birthday!

ilovecomics said...

Well, MW and N, thanks for weighing in...unfortunately, both the relatives and natives have been rather quiet of late, and there is not much to report from those quarters. But I'll be sure to keep my ears open.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I came across your bolg a month back , and have read all your past entries as well!! congratulations on your 100th post...I just wanted to let you know that i love the way u write!! and your posts always make me smile!!

Anonymous said...

I have become addicted to your blog. Your perspective on easily related to everyday occurances is so humorous that often I find myself laughing out loud...and wondering if I ought to keep my shades drawn as it is perfectly clear that you are spying on us. :)
I eagerly await your first book!!